Cashew Urban Green B.V. (hereinafter: “we”, “us”) does everything it takes to protect your personal data. We therefore want to inform you about the manner in which we use your personal data when you use our website https://shop.canna.nl.
What types of personal data do we process?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. When you use our website, we use the following categories of personal data:
- Address details (and billing address);
- Contact information (e-mail address, telephone number);
- Information about an order or services, including the location of a package;
- IP address;
- Content of your correspondence with us;
- Account details;
- Payment details.
Why do we use your personal data?
Regarding the privacy legislation, we are obliged to inform you on the basis of which purposes and grounds we use your personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes and based on the following grounds:
Performance of a contract: we require your information because of the performance of contractual agreements between you and CANNA. For example, in the case of your purchase of a product or your right to warranty. This additionally includes placing an order on the website, delivering your order, returning your order, exchanging products and/or when you contact our customer service regarding a contract you have with CANNA.
Communication: we use your personal data to communicate with you about our products and services and to inform you of matters that are important for the use of (your account on) our website. We also use your personal data to conduct reviews and customer satisfaction researches. These processing activities are necessary for the performance of contractual agreements between you and CANNA and for purposes of our legitimate interest, namely to conduct our normal business activities.
Customer service: if you contact our customer service, your personal data are used to provide you with the service you requested. These processing activities are necessary for the performance of contractual agreements between you and CANNA and for purposes of our legitimate interest, namely to conduct our normal business activities.
Marketing: we process your personal data when we send out marketing and promotional newsletters and e-mails. We may also count our website users and/or provide personalized advice and ads based on your preferences (cookies – please find more information about cookies in our
These activities are carried out on the basis of the following grounds:
(1) our legitimate interest if we send offers about similar products and services that you previously ordered with us – you are of course always able to unsubscribe via an unsubscribe-link in our emails or via your account;
(2) consent if we send content not related to similar products and services you previously obtained from us. You always have the right to withdraw your consent via an unsubscribe-link in our emails or via your account.
If your personal data are processed because of legitimate interest, information can be obtained as to why we rely on this ground and the outcome of the so-called required balancing test. Please find our contact details at the bottom of this page.
We will inform you timely if we want to use your personal data for any other purposes than those described above.
Who has access to your information?
We only pass on your personal data to other parties when this is necessary for providing you our services. These parties are as follows: delivery partners, data management platforms, media and advertising agencies, research firms, governmental authorities, product support, payment partners, IT service providers, and parties who collect our reviews.
Our delivery partner has to make sure the order is delivered on the right address. Parties such as data management platforms, media and advertising agencies, and research firms, come into play when we’d like to give you personalized advice or provide you with targeted ads. Based on your interest in specific products for example. We’re obliged to share customer information with government authorities in the case of suspicious situations.
Where do we save your information?
We save your information in several databases, and we always use strict safety measures. Your information is always saved within the European Union. We like to keep things in the neighborhood.
We do not send your personal data to parties that are located outside the European Union. If this will be the case in the future, we will inform you accordingly and timely. We will then also make sure we have installed protective measures that are needed in order to legitimize such a transfer and to duly protect your personal data. In that case, you are able to obtain a copy of the measures we have installed by contacting us.
How long do we save your information?
We don’t save and use your information for longer than necessary. We delete all the data we have of you afterwards. Or we use your anonymous information, because we need specific data for internal analyses and reports. Such as on the value of your order. Sounds pretty straightforward, but how does this work in practice? We maintain a few time periods, after which we delete your information. You can find them below:
- Customer data:
- In case of a user account: 9 months after deletion of the account or after 2 years of inactivity.
- In case of orders without an account: 6 months after the final correspondence regarding the order.
- The Dutch tax authority (Belastingdienst) requires us to save our administrative paperwork with your invoicing, payment, and order details for 7 years.
- If you’ve subscribed to the newsletter and you’ve given permission for receiving personalized messages, then we save this permission for 5 years. We also save the retraction of your permission in case you decide you don’t want to receive the newsletter or personalized messages any longer.
- We don’t save the emails you receive from us for longer than 60 days. You don’t have to worry about receiving the same email from us on a regular basis. We only use your anonymous information for internal reporting after this period.
What are your rights?
You reign supreme when it comes to your information, of course. Would you like to access your personal data ? Or would you like to edit your details, delete or restrict usage, or ? Say no more. You can easily do all of this in your online account. Or you can let us know by mail or email. We’ll review the situation and get back to you within one month of receipt of your request. If your request is very complex, we may extend our response period with an additional two months. We will of course timely inform you if we do so. Please find an overview of your rights below:
- When you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you always have the right to withdraw it;
- You can ask us which personal data we have about you. Additionally, you can request access to your personal data. We will then provide you with an overview and information;
- If the information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to rectification;
- You sometimes have the right to be forgotten, which means that we will delete all your personal data we have. You have this right when (1) your personal data are no longer necessary, (2) you have withdrawn your consent, (3) you have objected to our processing activities, (4) we processed your personal data unlawfully, (5) we are legally required to delete your personal data or (6) when we collected your personal data for information society services. We do not always have to honour your request. If we need your personal data for carrying out our right of freedom of expression and information, compliance with legal obligations, reasons of public interest regarding health, archiving purposes or for legal claims, we can reject your request.
- You can object to the use of your personal data by us. If we use your information for marketing purposes, we will always quit if you object. We will also stop using your personal data upon your objection in any other case, unless we have pressing reasons to use them that outweigh your legitimate interests.
- You have the right to restriction of processing. You can invoke this right if you have claimed that your personal data is incorrect, our use of your personal data is unlawful, we no longer need your personal data but you do for purposes of legal claims or when you objected to processing by us.
- You can ask to transfer your personal data to another organisation (data portability), if we process your personal data by automated means and if the processing is based on your consent or the performance of a contract.
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision solely based on automated processing, if such a decision would have a significant impact on you. Of course, you do not have to pay a fee for carrying out one your rights, unless your requests are unfounded or excessive. We want to make sure it is really you. That is why we could ask additional information to establish your identity. We also do this when we receive unclear requests.
Do you have any questions or complaints?
You can contact our privacy officer in case you have any questions or complaints regarding your information or the protection of your privacy.
Adress: Cashew Urban Green B.V.
4200 EB Gorinchem
You additionally have the right to file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. In the Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Dutch Data Protection Authority). We however hope that you give us the opportunity to solve any matters with you first.
Who’s responsible for your information?
Cashew Urban Green B.V.
4200 EB Gorinchem