CANNA Kruiden Special (0.5L)
You can find kitchen herbs in abundance at garden centers and supermarkets these days. But how much more fun is it to buy seeds of your favorite herb and raise the plant yourself? Exactly! The CANNA Herbs Special nutrition offers a solution!
CANNA Herbs Special is a complete food specially developed for the best-known culinary herbs such as basil, coriander, thyme, parsley and dill.
CANNA Herbs Special is a complete food specially developed for the best-known culinary herbs such as basil, coriander, thyme, parsley and dill. The food ensures exuberant growth, lots of flavor and is particularly user-friendly. CANNA works exclusively with high-quality pure nutrients and chelates, which are immediately and completely available to the plant.
Growing your own herbs is not only fun. It's also easy to do. Anyone who gets started with a herb garden or herb pots will always have their kitchen herbs at hand for the tastiest recipes. The CANNA Herbs Special has been specially developed for the best-known culinary herbs, such as basil, thyme, dill, parsley and coriander. Great for people who have little space outside or who find a tasteful herb the ideal window sill decoration!
Grow your own herbs
Fill a small pot, from which water can run, with CANNA Terra Seedmix and put the seeds about 2 to 3 millimeters in the soil. Leave enough space between the seeds. After this you can water the pot for the first time. Feeding is only necessary when the first three leaves are visible. Then cover the pot with a glass plate or a piece of foil and do not place the pot in direct sunlight. Just make sure to leave enough space between the surface of the soil and the glass pane to allow the seedlings to rise above the soil..
Densely in the pot?
Once above the ground, the glass plate or foil of the pot can be removed. You can transplant the seedlings once they have developed two to three leaves. This is also the time to place the pot in a sunny spot, because herbs love light! In the winter months it is advisable to place a grow light (of at least 50 watts) above it and to extend the natural daylight to 14 hours. Don't forget to water your herbs regularly. Once a week is enough to add the CANNA Herbs Special to the water.
Herb harvesting tips
After lovingly caring for your budding herb plants for several weeks/months, the time has finally arrived: you can harvest! Some tips:
• For herbs where the aroma is most important (rosemary, sage and lemon balm) it is best to harvest around noon. Then they contain the most oil.
• Harvest the top leaves (with petiole). This stimulates the plant to produce fresh side branches.
• Harvested too much? Remove the lower leaves from the cut stems and place these twigs in a glass with a layer of water. You can also put herbs in a plastic bag and put them in the fridge. This way your herbs stay crunchy and fresh.
• No space in the fridge? Freezing is also an option. After picking, rinse the herbs under cold tap, shake them dry, put small bunches in plastic bags and tie them shut.
• Shake well before use.
• Add 3 ml of Herbs Special to 1 liter of water and let it come to room temperature first. Water that is too cold directly from the tap can damage the roots. Make sure that any excess water can drain out of the pot. Dosage is the same throughout the growing period and also for the various herb varieties.
• Feeding once a week is sufficient.
TTip when using Herbs Special
• After cutting, give herbs a little less water until they start growing again.
• Keep bottles hermetically sealed.
• Keep only in the original packaging.
• Protect from heat, frost and direct sunlight.
• Recommended storage temperature 10-30 °C.
• The packaging is made of 100% recyclable polyethylene (PVC and cadmium free).
• Avoid aerosol or misting during processing.
• Causes skin irritation.
• Causes serious eye irritation.
• Keep out of reach of children.